1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Technical question re: DirecTV and cable Internet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by linotype, Jul 5, 2006.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

So I'm in the process of buying and moving into a new house, and the plan is to sign up for DirecTV and a cable Internet provider (either Road Runner or Earthlink). The house, which is new construction, comes wired for cable, and I'd like to have the installers run both the satellite TV and internet signals on that existing wire.

My question -- is this possible? Or will the DirecTV contractor have to drill holes and run another set of wires? If that happens, will there be a set of ugly-ass holes in my brand new walls? Or are these contractors nowadays so skilled that they can wire a house without making it look like garbage?

For those of you with both satellite TV and a cable modem, how have you wired your houses?

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i have cable tv and cable internet so i can't answer your specific question, but i'd suggest looking to see if you can find any good deals through the phone company. here in florida, bell south offers a pretty good deal to bundle direcTV (or it might be the dish -- i don't know) and DSL.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Short answer, no.
    I'll send more later.

Draft saved Draft deleted