1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Techies, help needed!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Being a sports reporter obviously requires a lot of weekend work and I won't be able to make it to many (if any) of my alma mater's football games this year. Is there some form of radio gadget I could get to tune in to the campus radio station (or another station broadcasting the game) away from a computer and out of the general broadcasting area?

I just want to be able to listen to my team's play-by-play as I'm out and about working on Saturdays this fall. HELP!

If it matters, it's a school in a BCS conference.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Is there portable XM or Sirius radio? I know one of them carries the games. Use it like a Walkman?

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Can you get any radio station you want on XM or Sirius? I figured it was just the pre-programmed satellite radio stations.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You get the home team's feed of the game.

Like with MLB on XM, there's a block of 10 channels (or whatever) and you cycle through the channels to find the game you want.

I don't know which one (XM or Sirius) has the different football conferences, but I think all the major ones are covered.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Have you tried ctrl-alt-delete?

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's only after you reboot.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

because the floppy disc got stuck.

8. do you have a web browser on your phone? you could just stream the broadcast through your phone. quality wouldn't be great, but it would be better than nothing, and you'd have wonderful portability.

Draft saved Draft deleted