1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow's success explained with stats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Seems to me the "stats" mentioned in the thread title haven't really explained anything.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know if he had bad throws. And, I'm no expert on football.

My only thought was that his arm won't gets stronger, and is unlikely to get more accurate.

I'm rooting for the guy. I would love to see him do well. I'm just honestly curious about his upside.

Eliminating mistakes is usually the best way to improve your game. if you're telling me he's not making many mistakes, I wonder how much he can improve.

3. YankeeFan

Couple more quick questions.

I saw the Bronco's cit Orton. So, who's the backup now?

Also, when you have a guy like Tebow, who plays such a different style than anybody else, is there any advantage to giving your other quarterback a serious or two, just to make the other team have to prepare and defend against two very different offenses.

I've seen college teams do this. Lou Holtz would do it at Notre Dame.

Good idea, or too disruptive?

4. YankeeFan

Didn't realize Brady was the backup.

That kind of answers that doesn't it?

Why they let Orton go? To save money, because he had a bad attitude about being the backup, because he sucked?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He asked for his release as soon as Cutler got hurt, hoping the Bears could get him. But I don't think the Broncos were all that upset to accommodate him.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Tim Tebow is a winner that is the only stat you need!

Draft saved Draft deleted