1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow's success explained with stats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 29, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess you are just so used to being wrong that it doesn't phase you any more.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll take that as proof that you have nothing of value to say. Would have been helpful to us all if you had just admitted that a few posts back, but better late than never.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Real* QB!

[*Sp., pronounced 'ray-AL']

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It certainly seems to me that if a QB of shall we say questionable passing accuracy is told to never, ever, throw an interception, he might throw more incompletions as a result. When in doubt, don't aim at the human beings.

6. To Michael's point above - the Broncos were 1-4 with Kyle Orton to start the season. Orton threw the ball much more but still only had 8 TD passes but also had 7 INT's. It was the INT's the did the Broncos in those games. Tebow doesn't throw INT's.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I also doubt Tebow is forcing passes into tight areas, as would other quarterbacks who think highly of their Farvian arms.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can we make a list of the worst things that can happen on an offensive play?

I will start with...
    Interception
    Fumble
    Sack
    Holding
    Clipping
    Intentional grounding
    Offsides
    Pass interference
    Hands to the face
    Facemask
    Chop block

What am I missing?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Clipping

10. Giving him the business

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Going backwards is the worst thing you can do on a play from scrimmage. I don't know the answer to this, but how many times does Tebow go backwards on a play?

Who knows? Maybe Tebow never wins another game? But if this keeps up, there has to be a reason, and the defense is only part of this equasion.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The worst thing that can happen on a football play is the universe spontaneously transforms into an eternal hell dimension of infinite pain and suffering.

Draft saved Draft deleted