1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow - what is his future?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 10, 2012.

?

At this point, where do you think Tebow's career path will end?

1. HOF (Brady, Manning)

1.5%
  2. Very good pro (Stabler, Cunningham)

9.0%
  3. Solid pro (DeBerg, Krieg)

37.3%
  4. Below average pro QB (Batch, Bulger)

46.3%
  5. Will be moved to another position

1.5%
  6. Out of the league in two years (Leaf, Russell)

4.5%
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I went with below average, even though I have liked Tebow as a player since his college days. I just don't think he can sustain it. Some of the throws he makes are absolutely dreadful. If he gets a full offseason and improves dramatically he has the tools to succeed, and his leadership can't be questioned. I just think it's all going to catch up to him.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Those teams were shadows of their former selves, and he retired voluntarily (teams still wanted him) at 34 because he had injury problems.

3. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Tim Tebow will be revered by the people of Denver for a number of years. But when he doesn't get the Broncos to a Super Bowl, his people will turn against him and call for his removal. John Elway and John Fox will pass the decision back and forth, but it ultimately will fall on Elway. He will inform the fans that he also plans to cut Brady Quinn, and says he will keep one of the QBs on the team. Broncos nation is unforgiving, however, and will demand that Elway cut Tebow and keep Quinn. Tebow eventually will be cut and run out of town. He will vanish for a while, but will soon reappear and lead another team to Super Bowl glory.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about Tebow's endorsement potential (or even his interest in that), but looks like he's already working the public speaking circuit.

He's scheduled to talk in Kalispell, Mont., in March at a Christian school's annual fundraiser:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_e94cb594-3cba-11e1-8e16-001871e3ce6c.html

And while he's a Christian, Tebow also knows a thing or two about the public speaking business:

5. joe

joe Active Member

Like all of his, his future is death.

Until then, however, I wish he would move out of the AFC West. Former AFC West member Seattle would be good. Then I could watch Tebow and be fascinated by his exploits without it mattering at all to my team, the Chefs.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Anywhere but Seattle is fine with me. <lifelongSeahawksfan>

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow's future? Leader of the Spiders from Mars, of course.

(sorry if a D_b)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/jimmy-fallon-david-bowie-tim-tebow-tebowie.html

Draft saved Draft deleted