1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow - what is his future?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 10, 2012.

?

At this point, where do you think Tebow's career path will end?

1. HOF (Brady, Manning)

1.5%
  2. Very good pro (Stabler, Cunningham)

9.0%
  3. Solid pro (DeBerg, Krieg)

37.3%
  4. Below average pro QB (Batch, Bulger)

46.3%
  5. Will be moved to another position

1.5%
  6. Out of the league in two years (Leaf, Russell)

4.5%
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is a great point. If he has a full offseason to learn the offense -- and the coaching staff has a full season to alter the offense a bit and give him more reads to make -- I could see him reaching, say, Randall Cunningham's level.

Remember, when he began his career, many considered Cunningham a "running" quarterback more than a thrower, too.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

If used to his strengths he will be an elite-level QB...maybe not quite HOF...because his threat as a runner will expire earlier than a pocket-passer's skills. This all assumes that he stays with coaches willing to use his unique skill set and not try to turn him into a robot.

Rely heavily on his option prowess and his ability to execute some traditional plays will only increase (from everything I've heard about his work ethic)...once he can do both well...watch out.

***I know you said not to, but it's a factual error in your poll...Moon is in the Hall of Fame.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

If Big Ben can make it 10 years, Tebow sure can.

He'll win a Super Bowl if the Broncos keep adding talent around him. Denver desperately needs a RB threat to truly make this offense work. Imagine if Tebow had a Ray Rice type to work with.

I'm a Tebow believer. Have been since he showed up at Florida.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Tebow's success comes because he's a tremendous run option, long term might not be that long. He's not the speedy/quick running QB like Vick, he's not the elusive, dodging running QB with the strong arm like Randall Cunningham. He's a brute force full back who can throw the ball. If he loses a step, and he doesn't have many to lose, he'll be a statue in the pocket in 3 years. If he can develop a quicker pass and some more accuracy, he'll be lesser Big Ben, without the drunken bathroom rape problems.

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you haven't seen the Broncos play much this year...Tebow runs away from pretty much everyone on the field except DBs. And he has the strength to take on linebackers to pick up key first downs...that's as valuable as being elusive. But yes, running QBs have a playing-span more similar to NFL RBs...but by his early-30s he may learn enough skills to still put in some quality years in a more traditional way.

For now, I love seeing a team get it done in a different way. We need more diversity in the NFL.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

He will be carried off the field with a seemingly-career-ending injury, only to return to the roster three days later.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I said solid pro, but I'd vote differently if he were Buddhist. His religion is certainly an excellent way to decide whether I like him as a quarterback.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't think he is that happy.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tim Tebow has as many 300-yard passing games in the postseason as Mark Malone, Dan Pastorini, Tommy Maddox, Doug Flutie, Steve Bartkowski and the afore-mentioned Kelly Holcomb. Those guys turned out to be AWESOME.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please do not misrepresent my beliefs. If you'd like further confirmation that this is not about a specific religion, I would be glad to dig up the posts I made in which I declared I am disgusted by a player shoving his religious beliefs down my throat regardless of the fictitious deity in whom he believes.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If he is as good as Bartkowski, I think a lot of Denver fans will be happy.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The neener neener anger this dude inspires in people after his best and worst performances is fascinating.

Draft saved Draft deleted