1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow - what is his future?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 10, 2012.

?

At this point, where do you think Tebow's career path will end?

1. HOF (Brady, Manning)

1.5%
  2. Very good pro (Stabler, Cunningham)

9.0%
  3. Solid pro (DeBerg, Krieg)

37.3%
  4. Below average pro QB (Batch, Bulger)

46.3%
  5. Will be moved to another position

1.5%
  6. Out of the league in two years (Leaf, Russell)

4.5%
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are on different pages in this entire Tebow thing. It seems like no one thinks anyone has a middle ground with this at all, so I am posting this poll to see if what I think is correct.

I honestly think he will be a solid pro QB. When I say solid pro, I mean that he will be Denver's QB for at least the next four years and this will not be their only playoff trip.

I don't think he is HOF and I don't think he will be in the elite class either, but I think he will be a good player for years to come.

Thoughts?

And please do not argue or bitch about the QBs I called "solid" or "very good."

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Re: Tebow - how good is he?

Too early to say. He has the raw tools to be a long-term success in the NFL, but he's going to need to keep developing and not take too much of a beating on all those runs.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Of course it's too early to say. That's what makes this fun.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Concur mostly, but I think if he doesn't run he would never be effective enough as a passer to get it done, so he will keep running and it will shorten his career. Whether that turns 10 years into seven, or seven into four, or four into two is the big question mark.

I'd vote solid pro. But I'd also put Brunell way above "solid pro" in the poll you've created.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Representative for Florida's 4th congressional district.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Really? Why would you ever think that? :D

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Tebow is going to have to become at least a semi-conventional QB to be successful in the NFL. Running and moving on pass plays will always be part of his game, and that's what makes him effective. But at some point, he's going to have to learn how to stand up and deliver an accurate pass on time.

The thing that his critics forget sometimes, however, is that he was basically thrust into the starting job on the fly without any offseason work and almost no preseason reps with the No. 1 offense. If he's still air-mailing ducks next fall after a full offseason of mini-camps and a full camp with the 1s, then I might agree with the critics. But until then, any success he's had this year should be considered gravy.

My personal view is that he can be a very good quarterback, because he's a good football player, he's a hard worker and he has the trust of his teammates. He's got a winner's mentality, and he'll do whatever he has to do to be successful and win football games.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Either this or head coach at Liberty University (forgive me if that's the wrong denomination -- insert the correct school for Tebow's here).

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Whatever happens, he's never going to have to find a real job again.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gay spokesman.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry, my choice is not on here. I need a higher plane than Brady/Manning HOF, for that will be the bare minimum Tebow performance for decades to come. [/LongTimeListener]

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If a TE or an OL can survive for 10yrs, why not Tebow? I understand wear and tear on getting hit but it's not like Tebow is Vick size he's a big dude. His throwing is brutal though and last week was out of nowhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted