1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow To Washington?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, Apr 14, 2016.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

J.C. Watts, of course. It's only a group of two.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Steve Largent?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Seriously though, Tebow has probably already done a better job handling (or deflecting anyway) questions about faith, abortion, gay marriage, etc. than about 90 percent of the Republicans in Congress.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But he has been able to, because ultimately his opinion has no bearing.

"Would you vote to outlaw same-sex marriage?" to a Congressman is a much different question than "What's your opinion on same-sex marriage?" to a quarterback.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

After reading the thread title, Sonner instantly shit his pants.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about quarterbacks.

EDIT: And I missed LTL's post about Jack Kemp, who I clearly had forgotten about.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the line when Colin Powell was considering a presidential run. Great numbers, but his approval rating would drop 20 points the first time he took a side on ANYTHING, no matter which.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nevermind.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Republican party begged Arnold Palmer to run for Governor of Pennsylvania every four years in the '60s and '70e. But he knew better. Why go from being universally beloved to a job where the best you can hope for is that 51 percent of the people don't hate you?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

If he had made all of PA drink the Arnold Palmer koolaid, maybe he could have gotten more than 51%.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think he's wrong about certain issues he thinks are religious or moral. But I think he's sincere in his beliefs, unlike most conservatives in congress. I don't think he's malicious in his views unlike most political conservatives.
    Good for him if he runs. He's a better person than many and even most pro athletes At least he hadn't sired more bastards than Charles II

wicked likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I immediately thought, oh no, more Snyder bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted