1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow to appear in Focus on the Family commercial during SB XLIV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hole in one.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And that's all well and good, but this would appear to be a pretty bad move as far as the way he is going to be perceived from this point on.

If he's ok with it, that's fine, but I would tell him to not expect the endorsement deals to roll in once this hits the air.

And Hondo, this is going to be airing during the NFL's championship game. They and their broadcast partners have put the kibosh on adverts before. They very well could do again with this.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, Hondo, be purposefully dumb and don't act like the NFL has an interest in not having politically charged ads for its big day. That's why PETA and that one Net company with racy ads weren't allowed in. I wouldn't assume Tebow's ad is getting in.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, and I would think the opinions of potential future employers would mean a great deal to Tebow right now.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the "Champions for Life" video the Giants did 20 years or so ago?
    If I remember correctly, the NFL wasn't too happy about that.

6. fishhack2009

Take a page from SportsJournalists.com: No politics.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Do you mean GoDaddy, or the Ashley Madison "Let us help you cheat on your significant other" site?

8. fishhack2009

Well, as you know, if you spend five, or 10, or 20 minutes with Tim Tebow, your life is better for it...

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If I interject my personal politics into a job interview or tell a first date how I like it, I'm not going to expect to be very successful. Certainly wouldn't expect to be taken seriously.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew this thread would "evolve" as it has.

I can only imagine what some would be saying if the artist formerly known as LSU star Chris Jackson were starring in a Super Bowl commercial. Imagine the tolerance level would be dialed down a few notches for that one.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fucking Mooslims.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does this mean I have to watch the commercial 10 times for my life to improve?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.