1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow saves ... baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 9, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Speaking of the majors ...

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He's not even on the 40-man. Gonna be tough to make the big club, even as a sideshow attraction. But he'll sell tickets in Binghamton or Vegas.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is somebody going to cite this as proof Tebow is a prospect?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mets are in Syracuse now, so he'll be in the heart of ACC country, if anywhere higher than A ball.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Duh, I knew that, read they have even changed their name from the Sky Chiefs to the Mets. They were the good old Syracuse Chiefs back in my day, at old MacArthur Stadium.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This experiment should be done. Just like no one was ever going to buy tickets to watch him hold a clipboard in the NFL, eventually people won't be buying tickets to watch someone hit .157. It's done. Over. Time for Timmy to go get married and start planning on running for governor in Florida. He'd win that.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The big question is whether he'd be willing to wait for the Trumpist currently in the job to term-limit out or whether the statewide GOP klan would support him as a primary challenger to the incumbent ASAP. I'm guessing they'd ask Timmy to chill. At his earliest opportunity, he'll win with 70% of the vote.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And he'd be just as good of a governor as he is as a baseball player.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He should just concentrate on his foundation but I doubt he will

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Among those with ≥ 150 AB -- he falls only six PA short of qualifying for batting leaders -- Tebow is last in the International League in batting average, last in OBP, last in slugging, last in OPS and 128th of 137 total candidates in RBI.

He's on track to be the first International League player this decade to hit ≤ .160 with ≥ 200 AB in a season. Only one other player has even hit < .170 with that ample an opportunity.

It really is absurd.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tebow's making Michael Jordan look like Cool Papa Bell.

Draft saved Draft deleted