1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow saves ... baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 9, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I admired his continued pursuit of an NFL career bc I thought he got screwed by Elway in the Manning acquisition. But all good will goes out the window in this blatant attention grab.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How was he screwed?

He was a horrible QB and was replaced by a hall of famer.

HanSenSE and RickStain like this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The odds against him are astronomical, especially at 29, but he's an extraordinary athlete so it's probably worth giving him an opportunity.

4. CD Boogie

Listen, I understand the move to replace him with Manning, but the guy had just beaten the Steelers in OT in the playoffs and it just seemed like he never got the full opportunity. That's all. He was a first round pick (albeit by the previous regime) and then he wins a great game in the playoffs and two months later he's swapped out. Nature of the business and all, but it still has a shitty hint to it -- and I'm a Steelers fan.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His team beat the Steelers in the playoffs. His TEAM got them to the playoffs in spite of him.

If he's as accurate on the mound as was in the pocket batters better watch out.

6. CD Boogie

Kind of like Peyton last year?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Text alert from ESPN noted that he was an all-state player in Florida in high school in 2005. Well OK then, now it's legit.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. cranberry

He's only 12 years behind in terms of development.

11. cranberry

Sote, who is that? I don't follow football very closely. (Sorry, I'm sure it's very funny.)

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Crab: It's Brock Lesnar, MMA and WWE star. (One of the great college wrestlers ever.) He whiffed hard in an NFL tryout.

Draft saved Draft deleted