1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow returning to Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's funny, if you google her, the same photos come up as for Pinder. I'm guessing the majority of the photos are Pinder.

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

BTW, check out Florida's schedule for next year. If they don't get back to the BCS championship game it'll be more of a surprise.

Georgia's losing Stafford and Moreno, Alabama's losing Wilson (I think) and Coffee. Tennessee, who'ss rebuildling, is in Gainesville. Auburn is replaced with Arkansas. The only tough game is at LSU.

Sat Sep 5 Charleston Southern Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Sep 12 Troy Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Sep 19 Tennessee Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Sep 26 at Kentucky Lexington, KY TBA --
    Sat Oct 10 at LSU Baton Rouge, LA TBA --
    Sat Oct 17 Arkansas (HC) Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Oct 24 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS TBA --
    Sat Oct 31 Georgia Jacksonville, FL TBA --
    Sat Nov 7 Vanderbilt Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Nov 14 at South Carolina Columbia, SC TBA --
    Sat Nov 21 Florida International Gainesville, FL TBA --
    Sat Nov 28 Florida State

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What's Jesus' policy on t**tyfu**ing?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That non-conference schedule is a joke, even for Florida. Like every year, Florida will lose a game they shouldn't and then be in the national picture anyway.

Anyway, enough about that and back to Tebow's girlfriend.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is she his girlfriend or is it just a random photo.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is typical SEC BS -- "we play a tough conference schedule so we can play horse shit teams up and down the lot" -- and it is no different any year. Tennessee is the only team in that conference with the stones to play someone.

Which is why I have far more respect for USC than anyone team in the SEC or just about anywhere -- they'll play anyone anywhere and unlike SEC teams they ain't afraid to cross the Mississippi. And the Pac-10 also plays NINE conference games which means it is very difficult to have eight home games -- like the SEC teams do (I know, I know, SEC bullshit rationalization "we have to fund our athletic department.....)

This year they played at Virginia, Ohio State and Notre Dame - and you can say what you want about Virginia but when that game was scheduled it was clearly not scheduled to be a gauranteed win -- especially as the opener.

Last year they played at Nebraska and at Notre Dame

The year before at Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame

At Hawaii, Arkansas, at Notre Dame and Fresno State -- all four of those games are worlds better than Florida's three non-Florida State non-conference games.

All of this is why I get so irritated that USC is always punished for losing a game far more severely than SEC teams generally are -- and in particular Florida, who generally plays absolutely nobody except FSU.

And here is one other fact -- Since the start of the 2002 season, USC is 32-2 in nonconference games (including bowls) and the last time they lost to a non-conference opponent was Texas in the national title game in 2005 -- they are 12-0 against non-conference foes since then.

There is no question they got screwed this year

7. Please tell me it took Tebow three days to come back.
    Because that would be cool.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Hopefully we'll get another one of these now...

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fear the chicken.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, he did go 6-for-6 on the final scoring drive. And in the fourth quarters against Alabama in SEC championship and Oklahoma, he was 11-of-13 for 148 yards, and picked up miniscule rushing yardage, which indicates he can win games with his arm.

Beyond that, Tebow isn't soliciting the slurp jobs by the media. So why is he getting ripped (by the media)?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not having been saturated by Tebow talk, my guess is people are just sick of all the hyperbole that has been generated and is perpetuated by the talking heads.

He might be a great quarterback, great person, etc., but the incessant fawning inevitably creates a backlash.

There are undoubtedly also some people who don't necessarily buy the TV garbage but still think Tebow is too good to be true and he must have a skeleton or two tucked away in the closet. Considering that most of our other heroes have been shown to be mortal, including some whose downfalls were particularly disheartening, there understandably is some skepticism that Tebow really is this all-American, good Christian boy.

Others who don't like him may simply be jealous.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just offering: I'm guessing the John 3:16 on the eye-black might have contributed to the backlash when coupled with the slurping.

Draft saved Draft deleted