1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow or Sanchez In The Green Zone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2012.

?

Who would you rather have in the red zone as your QB?

1. Sanchez

30.8%
  2. Tebow

69.2%
  1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I think the Jets could use a little of this...

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Tebow could be a Jim Jensen type of player. Special teams, short yardage, wildcat, run the option. No way should he ever throw the ball, unless it's an occasional halfback pass. The man IS NOT, and probably never will be, a legitimate NFL quarterback.

That said, he can help the team in other ways if the coaching staff knows how to use him.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

On artificial turf, I don't really care which one.

But on natural grass, and in the rain, I think I'd rather see a dirty Tebow than a dirty Sanchez.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Marilyn Chambers.

Oh, Green Zone?

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Except that he has shown himself to be a good leader, and a winner in clutch situations. Intrinsics matter, especially at quarterback.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He can be all that at halfback, or whatever, too. If you are going to play Tebow at quarterback, you need to tailor your offense to him... not run a Tom Brady offense.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, that is why he went for a fourth rounder.

I think the Jets are a great fit for God but not as a full time QB.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

So glad this freakin' circus is not here anymore.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Sanchez improves and Tebow does what is asked of him (two first downs a game), it's a great pickup.

If Sanchez struggles and people start calling for Tebow to start, that's when things could get ugly.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Based on those comments you must have picked Sanchez in this poll since Sanchez has "taken" the Jet to two AFC Championship Games.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, but they (Denver) had used a first-round pick to get him. Not a great tradeoff.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Lest you forget, that freakin' circus took a team that was dead and buried to the playoffs, where it beat a really good team.

Not trying to say Peyton isn't an upgrade (assuming he stays healthy). Just sayin'.

Draft saved Draft deleted