1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TEBOW FAN FEST

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NCWCsports, Feb 6, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He'll do more than squat in the pros. When I have to turn on the TV and watch bums like Sage Rosenfels, J.T. O'Sullivan and David Garrard take snaps, I've got to think there's a team who would want to take a chance on a 6-3, 230 guy who's a winner and a leader.

I've got 100 bucks right now that says Tebow starts at quarterback within the first three years of his pro career.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Fixed.

3. NCWCsports

NCWCsports New Member

Hondo...do you mean start an entire season...or just one game?

If you mean the starter coming into the season and doesn't lose his job by the end of the season...I'll take that bet.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Have to say, I agree with hondo on this. Don't really understand the widespread certainty that he'll crash and burn in the NFL. This isn't Chris Weinke or Danny Wuerffel we're talking about here. Sure, he's not a classic pocket passer, but he has the arm and throws pretty well when he has to. And he's a proven winner. Certainly better than some of the guys NFL teams are trotting out there now.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Chris Weinke had a better arm than both Wuerffel and Tebow.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, but he was 34 years old!

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Didn't he go 1-15 with the Panthers?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why do I have a feeling a stadium that is "too big" would never be an issue in Dallas. The Jaguars are such a strong franchise that they've been rumored to be moving to Los Angeles for about 10
    years now. Somehow I have a feeling that's never been an issue in Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay or about 20 other NFL cities.

Go back to defending the NFL's worst city.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Green Bay=decades worth of tradition
    Pittsburgh=decades worth of traditon

As for Dallas and Pittsburgh, Jacksonville has sold a higher percentage of available tickets in the last two seasons.

Don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Did the Jaguars need Danny Wuerffel to sell tickets? You are probably one of the idiots that believed Spurrier should have been hired to win games and sell tickets.

As to the rumors of moving to LA, its morons like you who take PFT as gospel and believe the Jaguars are leaving town.

Nobody is going to LA unless there is a stadium built and as has been stated many times on this board by people who live in Southern California, the people don't want a stadium or give a damn about the NFL.

How many blackouts has there been in Jacksonville? Of course you have no clue but I am sure someone you know can tell you.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have gone there, myself.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It wasn't meant to reflect on his actual son, just referencing the old "Clapton is God" phenomenon that many on this board are too young to remember. Maybe not a great choice, looking back on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted