1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TEBOW FAN FEST

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NCWCsports, Feb 6, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The other thing to understand is this: The kid doesn't seek the attention, hyperbole or general gushing over him (and slobbering and sucking). If he was a preening, individualistic player on the order of T.O., I could understand the hate. But the kid hasn't done anything except win a few championships.

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Looks like someone took his time catching up on his Tivo.

I won't tell him who won on Mama's Boy.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

ESPN's David Aldridge is reporting that Tim Tebow has given a soft oral commit to the University of Florida.

More on this breaking story as it develops.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, except for the dead hooker he's been toting around in his trunk for two weeks. But she had it coming.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Tebow has played three years in college.

Year 1: He was to that Florida team as Chris Duhon was to 2001 Duke. Take that as you will.
    Year 2: Won the Heisman, but lost four games. Put up huge stats but went el foldo in the clutch against good competition.
    Year 3: Toned the personal stats down a little but won the title. Said he wouldn't lose again after losing to Ole Miss, and then he didn't.

He'll play one more year in college.

Year 4: Likely will go undefeated. The OOC schedule is a disgrace, so no trouble there. The two teams with the best chance of beating Florida in the SEC, Georgia and Whoever The West Champ Is (Bama/Ole Miss/LSU), won't. So.

After that comes the NFL draft. We know the limitations here- his spiral sucks, he doesn't line up under center, he can't audible for shit. You can talk about being a Winnar all you want, but these are things that will be taken into serious consideration. I honestly think he'd be best served turning into Matt Jones II (you know, without the drugs), but surely someone will take a chance. I just don't think it'll work.

Does that garner you a spot in the inner circle? (Likely) 2.5 titles and a Heisman. Maybe another Heisman, who knows. And while I think the public persona is BS, it's there anyway.

6. king cranium maximus IV

I'll also add that his two titles have come against legendarily turd-witted competition, but that's just me being bitter.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have a picture in my head ...

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

King, in fairness to Tebow, most of the key defensive players from the 2006 championship team had graduated or gone pro the year he won the Heisman. At least two of the losses (LSU and Michigan) they scored enough points to win.
    It's a stretch to say it was entriely his fault that team lost four games. Most people expected Florida to take a step back in 2007.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You know what pisses me off? That Utah isn't the National Champion. They beat Alabama.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I saw that letter. It was nauseating. Seriously, woman who wrote it, Tebow is either getting it, got or is handling it himself. I can't imagine how many breasts he gets thrust his way on a daily basis.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Not to mention New Mexico State.

12. king cranium maximus IV

True, but: Florida had a chance to tie or take the lead near the very end against Michigan/LSU/Auburn. Tebow had the ball all three times. No dice, no dice, no dice.

Against Georgia the margin was two scores, but Florida was in the red zone with a few minutes left. Teebs was busy looking at CUM when the ball was snapped. Fumble, Georgia recovers, game over.

It wasn't entirely his fault; that D was atrocious. But he had four chances to make up for it and failed all four times.

Draft saved Draft deleted