1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow commercial: That was all?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. This.

It's just people who love to hear themselves sound like idiots. That's it.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

There is not a bigger medium than Super Bowl Sunday. That this ad was accepted is all the proof we need that the mass media as we know it is run by old rich white men. The liberal media bullshit is just that. If the liberals ran the media--really ran the media instead of just serving as foot soldiers in the trenches, where their impact is minimal to non-existent--would this ad ever see the light of day? Wouldn't we get a pro-gay marriage ad instead?

Or maybe a site promoting a dating service for gay men:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/53635/super_bowls_ads_the_next_culture_wars_battleground

But that was rejected. Again: It's laughable that anyone would bleet on about the liberal media.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe it'll also silence the fascists who masquerade as "activists."

Oh, wait. No, it won't.

NOW president Terry O'Neill said the ad glorified violence against women. “I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it,” she said. “That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself.”

Way to move the goalposts, Terry O'Neill. Does your new brand of bleating go for the Snickers ad too? Just curious. ::)

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100207/NEWS/100209732/1015&parentprofile=1015

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What are you so worked up about?

Go back and read your earlier post. It's a mess & makes no sense.

It was a completely harmless ad. Why would they reject it?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's so ridiculous, I want to believe it's satire. Too bad it's not.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People who get worked up over this shit need to have their heads examined. Immediately.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sally Jenkins had it exactly right.

Wonder how Gloria Allred is enjoying the taste of crow. Terry O'Neill seems to find it a bitter experience.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

PETA must be advising them.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Right after they get done planning their protest of the Denny's chicken ads.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It was actually kind of funny.
    If you watched the pregame coverage, they showed a different version where he didn't tackle her, but came out, gave her a hug and told her he loved her.

At that point, the GF said "Michael Silver can suck a cock for what he said about Tebow."
    Silver? Don't you mean Pearlman?
    "Well Michael Silver writes for SI as well. But Pearlman can suck a cock for what he wrote."

Then the ad came up during the game and I was expecting the same ad, so was she, and we laughed our asses off when he tackled her.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am worked up about nothing. Just answer my question: Would CBS accept a gay-themed ad?

Actually, that has already been answered. No. It would not. But it would accept an ad from a FAR right-wing organization. Why? Because the people that make the decisions in mass media are conservatives. Pretty simple.

Again, I'm worked up about nothing, though I do need my head examined for other reasons. This to me is just more proof that those spewing about how the media has a liberal agenda have no earthly clue what they are talking about.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

they should use robot women, like that fantastic idea they had for the groundhogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted