1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow commercial: That was all?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/5466215/watch-the-tebow-ad-now-much-ado-about-nothing-update-with-behind-the-scenes-commentary

Hope the people with their shrill rantings about the movie are feeling just a little bit silly right now. There really wasn't much to it. It was hardly an anti-abortion rant or a message to women to "ignore their doctors."

2. mb

mb Active Member

They didn't need much. The story has been out there for six weeks now.

Oh, and women's groups are now protesting it because it "glorifies violence against women."

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You don't know what the ad looked like before all the uproar.

This churned for almost four weeks.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yeah, he really worked up a lot of folks before having that tiny appearance.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You don't know if they changed it at all.

And as far as the violence against women, what about the violence against Betty White?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No, I don't know if it did. I didn't see the ad. Zip interest in any commercial.

What is the reference to Betty White?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Right before the second Tebow commercial where he tackled his mother, Betty White was in a Snickers ad where she got plowed while playing a backyard football game. Same ad with Abe Vigoda.

8. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I'm just glad it's over. Now Focus on the Family can go back to focusing on homosexual agendas hidden in children's TV shows and movies.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was in tears laughing so hard.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The beauty of it all is this should STFU, now and forever, the braying idiots who prattle on and on and on about the liberal media. Of course, the unintelligent idiots will keep braying, but it's nice to have something like this in the back pocket.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What?

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Even if I didn't agree with the premise of the spot, it was hardly worth all the uproar. Sally Jenkins had it right, saying the only intolerance was coming from the pro choice side. The commercial was harmless. The real beauty would be if all the spastic people on either side stopped prattling about the issue like it defined the way our government works. That single issue has far too much influence on the workings of Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted