1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tears of frustration

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take a fucking breath. then take another, and another.

identify the root of the problem in your head, and not what's pissing you off. identify what you can do to make the problem less of an issue in your life.

take another breath, and move forward. focus on solving the problem or making it better, not reacting to it.

if you do what's best for you, you prove you like you more than your problem.

2. damn, petty, stop making sense.

you fucking hippy.

(edit: meant to add the ever-present smiley in there, but i'm too lazy.)

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Go for a run.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was going to say "go out for a walk."

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Other than getting liquored up, I'd invest in a heavy punching bag. I have found it very theraputic after bad days.

Driving around with my favorite tunes isn't bad either.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got a boot and a cat?

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Write down all your frustrations, then shred what you've written. Call or IM someone in a different time zone who might still be awake.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Duh, do what Damon would do. Fuck a model.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Surprised nobody mentioned posting on SportsJournalists.com. Knowing there's a whole community willing to listen to your problems can be quite therapeutic.

And, of course, that's what you already did. So yay for you.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pushups, situps, go for a walk. Going for a walk at 4 a.m. has provided many a great cathartic moments. Writing is good. Call someone you know will listen. If you live near a pool, or have one, do 25 laps.

Lots of stuff to do, including posting here.

11. KG

KG Active Member

When I'm mad, I mean really mad, no matter what time of day it is, I'll grab my Ipod and go for a walk or jog. I just keep going until I feel like I can't go anymore. By the time I get home, at least the physical feeling of anger has been worn out. The mental part is still there, but once the adrenalin of anger is gone, the problem is easier to deal with.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Exercise, exercise, exercise to angry music. Followed by copious amounts of tequila while listening to very angry music if the exercise doesn't help.

Draft saved Draft deleted