1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tears of frustration

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Aug 26, 2008.

1. it's 4 a.m. and you want to bust about seven holes in your wall, but you know you can't. (and you can't afford to fix 'em on this salary.)

aside from the obligatory "drink heavily," what do you do?

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

Beat the shit out of your pillow, or write a bunch. Or both.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If you are a member at a 24-hour gym, go work out for an hour or so just to get away from everything.

Or you could just do what giggity said.

4. Boognish

Boognish Member

Music helps me cope. So does scotch. Hang in there, brother.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Online poker and liquor.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Slight threadjack: Why is it people (in general) turn to alcohol first?

Is it because they honestly see no other option?

7. Boognish

Boognish Member

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, here it goes down, down into my belly.

[​IMG]

No, seriously, it's genetics.

8. it's the easiest option for me. allows me to "cope" without really coping. which, yes, is another problem.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It's readily available and (usually) cheap. Probably isn't the best solution, but people go with what works for them.

----------------

WWDD, without asking you to be more specific as to your problem, all I can offer is, 'this, too, shall pass.'

10. oh, it will, trooper. everything always does, for the most part. just sometimes it's more of a bitch than other times.

11. Boognish

Boognish Member

But back to the thread. Perhaps booze isn't always the answer. For some, if used in moderation, it can be a decent release. Exercise is good. Throwing paint-filled balloons is also good. I like music. A little 'erb never hurt anyone, either. Whatever helps Whatwould.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I know, brother. Some nights seem to go on for ages. Just handle what you can handle and let the universe sort itself out.

[​IMG]

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together."

Draft saved Draft deleted