1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Team plays for Kay, nearly booted from playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Common sense... White courtesy phone... Common sense... White courtesy phone...

2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Around here, if you want an alternative uniform, the AD/coach fills out a form and sends it to the state association. I've never heard of any applications being rejected.

A local girls volleyball team wore pretty much straight hot pink for the entire month of October. We had a local hockey team in a state-tournament "throwback jersey" which wasn't its current school colors.

Track rules mandate the four members of a relay match, so even the underneath layers (like tights or a T-shirt under the jersey) have to be the same color... and I'm pretty sure it has to be the school colors, but that doesn't stop some teams from running in some pretty wild tie-dyed, school-color tights. I think swim caps can only have printing on one side (which has meant some kids turn their club caps inside out, since U.S. Swimming doesn't have that rule) but the suits are pretty much a free-for-all (and relays don't match in any way). I've never heard anything regarding numbers, and I had a volleyball team with everybody in the 60s because of some weird printing glitch.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Do you think the girls from Narbonne know who Kay was?

Draft saved Draft deleted