1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Team photos

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 19, 2006.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I just go with what looks the best in relation to the layout and overall quality of the picture. Afterall, since my publisher has said that almost everything goes in, the only thing I have control over is size and placement -- and I'm going to do my best to keep from sacrificing the rest of the product. In seven years, I've had no complaints about size differences, but if I did I would politely explain my motives. If they still didn't understand, I'd introduce them to our advertising department.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The problems I have are that I tend to get the team photos in clusters (they all come out of the woodwork in mid-June) and that at this time of year when a team is going from a district to a state to a regional tournament, I get a team photo from that team every week. It's the same kids, just holding different trophies in a different ballpark. I guess parents never get tired of it, but everyone else does.

Draft saved Draft deleted