1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher takes high school students to Hooters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 17, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Applebee's is a restaurant. Bdubs is a bar.

I would never take my track team to a BDUBS. I'll go there with coaches after the meets, but if students want to go there after an invite, I don't attend. If we do go out as a team, no alcohol, and if I go to any restaurants within the city limits or where I think kids will be, no alcohol.

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I won't even go to bars in cities where I coach, although I know the football coaches and AD do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is with taking a student or a child to a restaurant that has a bar. I mean, seriously, what is this?

But then again, I can't figure out why anyone would go to Olive Garden

Fake Italian food at its finest.

Paging Dooley............................:)

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the boneless chicken wings.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not a problem at all if it is your own child. But I won't take any chances that would risk my job. If you were a teacher or coach would you take a kid to the bar? I mean, look at all the wackos sportsjournalists have to deal with imagine that as a coach or teacher.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How would it risk your job?

Sorry, I'm having a hard time following your train of thought.

I mean, there are bars and then there are BARS.

There's a couple in my neighbourhood I wouldn't go to unless I had a Hells Angel as a bodyguard

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I wouldn't want a parent to complain if I took the team to the bar.
    I also wouldn't want to set a bad example of kids seeing me drive into the bar parking lot on a Friday night. Yeah it's minor, but I just want to be as professional as possible.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I went to a Hooters in Shanghai once. I only ordered beer. I don't know what was on the menu as I couldn't read it anyway. My only statement would be that it was false advertisement.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But some parents will complain about anything.

Look, if my kid was on your team and you took them to Olive Garden, I'd raise bloody murder. :)

But I understand your position which I guess is understandable in certain small towns or Bible belt areas.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Was served by a pregnant Hooters girl one time...it kind of lost the novelty and never went back.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm a fan of the boneless wing, it's good stuff. I didn't realize they weren't everywhere.....found that out a few years back. I ordered boneless wings and the waitress just stared at me, then I repeated my request. She continues with this look of amazement at my order....I'm now getting nervous. She finally says..."you want boneless wings, boneless?...you realize the bones are needed in order to fly right?"

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I have to go there about once a year with an elderly family friend who likes it. I order something different each time, and have yet to luck into anything edible.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The salad and soups are fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted