1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher takes high school students to Hooters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

To his defense, I know people who hate Hooters' wings, and their food in general, but they go with friends to drink beer and watch football on the weekend.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They opened a Hooters in my small south of Richmond suburb a few years ago. Kid and I went with his girlfriend. We'd wondered if they'd find enough waitresses who met their criteria around here.
    They did not.
    The Queen talked about getting a job there to raise some extra cash. She would have been the youngest waitress there by about 10 years.
    You ain't lived until you've been served by a 65-year-old Hooters "girl."

And the food does suck. Hard. Really hard.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've been to Phoenix before. The large group I was with decided to go to Scottsdale when we had plans to go to a restaurant. I don't know if that reinforces the whole Phoenix sucks as a restaurant town theory or not.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is a Hooter's in Manhattan near Columbus Circle within spitting distance of at least 50 other restaurants of various levels of food and price range. I always wondered why anyone would go there.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This.

There wasn't an Olive Garden at least?

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

A chicken wing is white meat.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Olive Garden has a bar. At least every one I've been inside.

Not sure what the problem is. Most bar/restaurants have the bar separate from the dining area. I mean, is it going to ruin a kid's life is he sees someone drinking a beer? Or a glass of wine?

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Phoenix's downtown pretty much sucks and in terms of finding a place to actually sit down, if that's what they were going for, and in the area they were in this probably was about the only option. There is a Friday's in Chase Field which probably could have handled it, but they were several blocks away from there. Maybe it could have been planned better, but it's not like Hooters is the worst thing mosst of these kids will ever experience.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

If people seriously think a child can't be allowed in a restaurant with so much as a beer/wine license, you're limited to fast food or the local hippie/vegan storefront. Whichever of those you choose, some of the parents will be irate.

I live in the Bible Belt, and the parents here would not have the vapors about Madison or Luke going to Olive Garden.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing at the mental image of Moddy's AARP Hooters.

They should change the name of that to Hangers.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll be singing Turning Japanese to myself all day

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The middle part (with the two bones) is, in some food circles, considered dark meat.

Anyway, the idea of boneless chicken wings is so godawful that it could be purple meat and still e offensive.

Draft saved Draft deleted