1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher takes high school students to Hooters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

With each passing day, I'm wondering more and more about where these teachers were during my high school days.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The fries and the beer are good at Hooters. The wings are OK. Everything else is terrible.

As far as the appropriateness, Hooters is PG at worst. The reputation is way worse than the actual content inside that place.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Who is showing more?

Hooters waitresses:
    [​IMG]

Or the cheerleading squad of a conservative, family-owned, mid-western NFL franchise:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Hooters recently located a franchise in my hometown in East Texas. I'll be damned if one of the most awkward moments I've seen was a family of three rednecks, two guys decked out in cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and big belt buckles sit down and get a black waitress. You could just see the disappointment written all over their faces. The girl did a fine job waiting on them and they left her a tip of three cents.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There's not a Buffalo Wild Wings the teacher could have taken them to instead?

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The fried pickles at Hooters are perhaps the best bar food I've ever eaten. So good. The curly fries are always solid. The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is money, too. Everything else is decent. Not great. Not awful. Just decent.

Not 100 percent since I hadn't thought about it until now, but I don't think I'd make a big deal out of it if my kid was on that trip.

7. Crash

Crash Active Member

The only time BW3's is worth going to is on 50 cent wing nights, because that's the only time you get what you pay for. I think BW3's kills baby chickens to get their wings. Worst wings for a wing place I've ever been to.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No Pondarosa's?

9. JackReacher

Pondagrossa? :)

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Or as my neighbor so eloquently put it one night: "Fucksakes...If these chicken wings were any smaller, we'd be eating eggs right now."

11. JackReacher

BW3 wings aren't awful, but yeah, they're pretty tiny.

Hooters wings > BW3 wings

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not the Hooters I go to.

And Sonner, Hooters wings and sauce tastes like they fell on the floor. Disgusting.

Draft saved Draft deleted