1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher suspended for telling it like it is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, good for her. She wrote what she believed. That's what blogs are for, not to recite all the PC crap.

I couldn't fathom being a teacher in today's environment and I suspect she will also be much happier doing something else -- probably dealing with adults who give a hoot.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I never understand these types. Why get into teaching if you hate kids?

Mine was an elementary school art teacher. 33 years ago, I think. Mean, but in a different way. She used to yell at us in this shrill voice. The woman was still sporting a beehive hairdo in the late 70s, well after any woman had one. One day she turned her back to the class. We sat at tables; two to a table. I took one of those stubby fat crayons sitting in a box in the middle of the table, put it on the table and finger flicked it at her. It landed in her hair and stuck in it. Got a good laugh from the class.

She turned around like a bull seeing red. I can't remember how I got ratted out. I doubt I admitted it. But she called the police, had them come to the school and tried to press charges for assault. This was not today, it was 1978. The police didn't get involved with stupidity like that. I was 10 years old. They thought he was being an unreasonable bitch. My memory is my school principal, two cops and my mom -- with me there and tears rolling down my face -- trying to convince this beast of a woman not to press charges. She didn't give in easily, but they talked her down. I got an in school suspension, and I was removed from her class for the rest of the year. My parents didn't find it that funny at the time, but it gave them a story for years -- assault with a crayon.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good stuff. We used to throw those little "snaps" at the blackboard whenever the teacher was writing something.

[​IMG]

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Obviously the teacher was way off in assessing you as an immature little punk.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love how people brag on the internet about being complete jackasses... Talk about a lack of self-awareness.

6. cranberry

Gotta fuck the teacher before the teacher fucks you. Hell, I thought that would be your motto.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We didn't do anything that bad. At our graduation we had to shake the hands of the senior advisor (a teacher we despised) and the principal, who was well-liked. When we shook the hand of the advisor, we all handed him a marble, which might not seem like much but when he's shaking almost a thousand hands in a row, it's an issue. He had to excuse himself twice to empty out his pockets.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Hell, when my parents were in HS, one of their teachers lost it one day, ran out of the class and down the hall banging her head on the lockers yelling, "I can't take it anymore." That was the late 1960s.

So, kids have been shits forever, but she should have been smarter about it. Anonymous or not, it can all come back to you.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When we grew up and went to school, there were certain teachers who would hurt the children anyway they could.

10. cranberry

They usually did it by pouring their derision upon anything we did and exposing every weakness however carefully hidden by the kids.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

But in the town it was well known when they got home at night their fat, psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We don't need no education.

Draft saved Draft deleted