1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher/student sex story with (almost) celebrity component

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Dec 4, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poin is sooo slipping.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

And ol' Verne had an incident in a nursing home at the beginning of the year where he attacked a 96-year-old, who broke his hip and died a couple weeks after the incident.

Not a good year for the Gagne family. At least we can enjoy those reruns of mid-80s AWA on ESPN Classic. Happier times.

3. ripple

ripple Member

Eh. Not the hottest teacher that's been caught with a student, but passable.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

How bad are those, though? Loved them as a kid. Have not aged well, except for the bloodfest between the Rockers and Rose and Somers. Where's Jumpin' Jim Brunzell? And Eric Bischoff wrote in his book that Larry Nelson was always drunk during tapings. I guess I would be too if I had to see Wahoo McDaniel half-naked. Did love Colonel Debeers. So evil.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Most of them are awful, but entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way. If you ever come across the New Year's Eve episode from like 87-88, set your DVR. Between the matches, they have segments from some dumpy bar in Minnesota. Nelson is drunk off his ass, Wahoo McDaniel is a mess, the Rockers look coked up and there are random people coming in and out of shots every segment. I think it ends with an appearance by Bischoff (his first on-screen appearance?), and Nelson in a dunk tank.

I can't possibly do all this justice.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy crap, she looks like grandpa.

Tino -- The Midnight Rockers? Because they were so freaking sweet.

7. Small Town Guy

ESPN Classic plays only from a few years. I think it's a year or two earlier when the AWA really had some awesome matches, a lot of them taking place in the St. Paul Civic Center or Met Center, where the lighting was bad and it was really dark. Lot of blood baths as Rod Trongard went nuts. And wasn't it the AWA when Heenan first got the Weasel nickname and had to wear the suit? Verne might have been involved in that.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

9. Small Town Guy

Yes! Weasel! Weasel! Weasel!

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I totally thought this thread was going to be about substitute teacher Freddie Mitchell boning some white chick.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Non-celebrity division:
    [​IMG]

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/albany_preschool_teacher_arres.html

[​IMG]

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/78466152.html

[​IMG]
    http://kdka.com/school/propel.charter.school.2.1344269.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Read the story on the middle one. Kid won't go back to school because he's being ridiculed and mocked. You kidding me? He would have been getting high fives around town until college in my day.

Draft saved Draft deleted