1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher-student sex, Jacksonville edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Apr 21, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-04-21/story/duval_teacher_charged_with_having_sex_with_minor

Had sex in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. Pretty much screams white trash.

The kid said they had a mother-son relationship. If you have sex with a woman you think of as your mother, is that incest?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, relatively speaking I suppose

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It frustrates me how often this has been happening lately. :-\

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I had a youth leader at church in high school who ended up marrying one of the youth who was a year younger than me. They always maintained that they'd had a brother-sister relationship until her senior year of high school, when he took her out of town to a concert for the night and it became pretty apparent that they were having a relationship. She was 18, so there was no legal action, but he was fired from his position, and they spent a year dealing with that.

When she went to college in the town where he'd moved, they dated pretty seriously for two years before they got married. I still think it's weird.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Best part of the story.

"Collier told police she had a mother type relationship with the victim and discussed with him problems he was having at home, the report said."

So having sex with him in a Wal-Mart parking lot is going to magically cure those problems or make the situation any better? Christ.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Would have worked for me at 14.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Me too, but I meant from the teacher's perspective.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Same thing happened at my parents' church several years after I left home. That youth minister is still in his position. From what I gather, they were not together until after she graduated, though the interest was evidently there beforehand. Never seemed quite right to me.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's because it's not right. There way too many youth ministers just rolling out of seminary (or not) who are way too fixated on the people in the ministry, and not scripture.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

preach it, brother

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Amen.

12. dailygrind

dailygrind Member

I kind of always wished one of my teachers would carry me home from a field trip and stop off by Wal-Mart.

Draft saved Draft deleted