1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher keeps $90K job after being late 111 times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wow, I will never forget the day that this chick showed up for homeroom wearing a halter top. She got hauled out by the vice principal, and returned wearing a sweater. I distinctly remember seeing side boob before the wardrobe change. This was long before I first heard the term "side boob" on Family Guy.

We should have separate threads. Inventor of the halter top, HOF? Inventor of the bikini, HOF?

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nice segue for this: I will never forget the day the sexy foreign chick showed up late for homeroom and was trying to sneak to her seat without the teacher seeing. She was crouching her way toward her spot and stopped right in front of the desk next to mine until the teacher looked the other way.
    She was wearing a mini skirt ... and sheer panties. Schwing!

cjericho and Vombatus like this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jared approves of this message.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hey, we both about 16! Almost legal!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In that scenario, you most likely did not know you were spelling the name incorrectly. This teacher clearly knew he was late. He just thought it was not important. It falls on him for being late and on the administration for letting it go so long before taking action.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not just elementary school. Middle school teachers also often have homerooms. They may also have a hall duty in the morning. I don't think it really matters what is going on at that time in the morning. If the guy has a schedule, he should stick to it.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"I have a bad habit of eating breakfast in the morning, and I lost track of time," he said.

Anderson said he was one to two minutes late to school "at the most" but was prepared and was never late for class.

"I have to cut out eating breakfast at home," he said Friday.

Hey, here's an idea.... GET UP 5 MINUTES EARLIER!

murphyc likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That. Or have dinner for breakfast and a liquid lunch at school.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do some of you really work in a place where there's a huge difference between arriving at 7:59 and getting there at 8:01?

I haven't since my summer in a factory during college.

cranberry likes this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm sure they don't punch a clock there, so if he's only 1 or 2 minutes late, no one would be noticing it. And you're not late 111 times because you "lost track of time" while sitting down to breakfast.

Big Circus likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For a second thought you were Cusack.

[​IMG]

BDC99 likes this.
  12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of the greatest movies in American cinematic history.

dprince57 and Songbird like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted