1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher depravity sinks to a new low

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep it's all the union's fault.

2. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Yes because that's what I said in my earlier post.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Or ... you can take it at face value. Maybe you should read it again.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Hey, he managed to create a post where he didn't misspell half the words in a lame attempt to paint his opposition as stupid. Take what you can get with Starman.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

So, it's like when a politician fucks up and they get benefits after leaving office?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or a gazillioniare CEO steers a company straight into the ground (or even sexually assaults kids) and still collects an 8-figure golden parachute.

I suspect the darling Mr. Berndt will collect a shiv in the neck fairly early in his paid vacation at the Ironbar Hilton, so in the end he won't end up costing the teachers' pension fund very much.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Just because they're all examples of what's fucked up doesn't make any of them less so

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nothing "fucked up" about any of the examples. Benefits are considered to have been earned and are contractually protected.

If we want to go down a road in which you can take away benefits/earnings/possessions that had accrued to someone prior to a conviction.

You and I may not like to see a criminal keep what he or she has earned but the contracts they've entered say something otherwise.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Feeding blindfolded children Cum on a Cracker while on company time = earning pay?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So figure out a way to break his contract if you don't like it, but I've never heard of a case in which a criminal had prior, legal earnings taken away outside of a civil suit.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is the state of California... I would consider it a minor miracle if the state doesn't have to pay out disability for the mental anguish the guy suffered when he was arrested, and fired from his chosen calling.

12. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Never give an attorney an idea that could come back to bite you.

Draft saved Draft deleted