1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher breaking in the new year right

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 5, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...especially if they drive Jeeps.

I'll stop there before I venture into Rex Ryan World.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ground zero for teachers boinking students ... apparently it's Paris, Texas.

http://www.kxii.com/news/headlines/Former_Chisum_teacher_sentenced_to_3_years_112970619.html

[​IMG]

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Damn, all the female teachers I had in high school were old and/or had better beards than most middle-aged men.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I know, right? Now my wife teaches with several good lookin women (herself included).

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ain't that the damn truth.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You know, I don't know the exact pronunciation but I believe it's menage et trois.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Who says we haven't?

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Most of my female teachers throughout my compulsory education were nothing to look at, either. Had one teacher in high school, though, who was cute, really fit and in her 20s. She was not a good teacher ("Wow, you guys know more about this than I do!"), but she showed a lot of videos during which we could sleep if we wanted, and I do remember she gave me a nice hug at the end of the year.

I think it must vary by district; the older teachers probably accumulate in the districts that pay better, while the young ones go where they can get a job.

9. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

It's amazing this stuff keeps happening considering the stakes involved. Three years in prison can't ever be explained away.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Do you dress different? Do you act different? Did you grow a mustache? Did you get all kinds of robes and lotions? Did you get a new bedspread and new curtains? Did you get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting? Did you get new friends? Did you get orgy friends?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, there's one reason for all these younger teachers -- if we all had teachers that were fossils, chances are they have since retired or died, and new teachers were needed.

Also, a lot of districts (such as my kids' elementary and junior high districts) hire almost exclusively right out of college. This is done for two reasons. One, they want to take advantage of whatever new ideas are coming forth. And more importantly, two, in a wage scale set on experience, they are cheap.

And maybe the teachers on this board can answer this: if you change jobs mid-career, do you keep tenure? If not, that would be a strong incentive to stay where you are, rather than seek a new job. Heck, tenure itself would be a strong incentive to stay where you are.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Uh, this really isn't the thread for this kind of discussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted