1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teach the girls as young as possible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That the world revolves around their va-jay-jay.

[​IMG]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316580,00.html

Suggestive pink Santa panties targeting young girls are being removed from Wal-Mart stores after parents objected to the offensive undergarments.

The panties, which were sold in the juniors department, seemed to suggest that girls don't need money, they just need a sugar daddy — in this case Santa Claus.

The hipster briefs — carrying the slogan "Who needs credit cards ..." on the front and "When you have Santa" on the derriere — caused an uproar among parents, who called for the $2.96 drawers to be pulled off the racks.

"We have directed our stores to remove this merchandise from our shelves," Linda Brown Blakely, a spokeswoman for Wal-Mart, told FOXNews.com Wednesday.

The undergarments had caused a stir on some blogs prior to Wednesday's announcement. Scarlett, a reader of Feministing.com, alerted the blog to the holiday-inspired undies, which she found on a rack in the juniors department of a Wal-Mart in Cary, N.C.

Click here to read Feministing.com's post.

"There's nothing quite like telling adolescent girls that they don't need to worry about finances since they have their very own moneypot between their legs," Jessica Valenti, the executive editor of Feministing.com, wrote on the panty blog post.

Scarlett was so incensed by the message on the front of the panties, she didn't even see the Santa kicker in the rear, she wrote on the blog.

"I still think that the entire thing is messed up. This isn't just a cute T-shirt that says 'Just ask Santa,'" she wrote. "This is a pair of panties. Exactly how nice to Santa would the girl have to be in order to get stuff?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart

Always low class. Always.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, that ruins my secret santa present.

Thanks, poin.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I certainly thought, upon initial inspection, it was a reference to not needing credit cards when you have a poonanny.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Somehow seeing the words "upon initial inspection" in a thread about junior-size panties made me feel funny in a wrong, wrong way.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, I assume anorexic, coked-up movie stars probably have to shop in the juniors department, but probably not at Wal-Mart.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I thought this was the best line in the story:

Until I got to the last quote:

edit: fuck, people look at this place at work you know

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

LINK! LINK!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHRHRHRHRHG!!!

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The best part of this story is that Fox agrees with Feministing.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Am I wrong in thinking that this is much ado about bubkes? It's just an attempt at putting a cute saying on a piece of clothing. Now if Wal-Mart were marketing barely-there Victoria's Secret panties to young teens, that would be far more worrisome in the area of promoting precociousness.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you want your daughters running around in pink panties that says "Who needs credit cards" on the crotch, hey more power to you.

Think of it this way: Who would be reading the "cute saying" on a pre-teen's panties?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No one. And that's the point. If it gives the wearer a giggle, whatever. It in no way promotes sexuality, unless you really wanna go out of your way to twist things.

Draft saved Draft deleted