1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party turning on Bachmann?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She was on the Today show a few months ago. Meredith Viera was asking her some pretty tough questions, which she was totally ignoring in favor of her talking points. When Meredith asked why she wasn't answering the question, Bachmann replied that she would answer the question how she wanted it, rather than actually answering the question.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She was taught to play the game that way by Ed Rollins. Perry now plays the game much the same way -- not that it's done him a lick of good, lately, either.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bachmann and Rick Perry were once billed as the smarter versions of Palin and W.

I don't think too many people have been convinced that either is an upgrade.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The bar continues to be set looooooow.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A lot of people complain about the number of debates, and that is definitely a valid complaint. Perry, in fact, has said that he is going to begin skipping some of them. (Of course, it's easy to be very skeptical of his motives as far as that is concerned, considering his performances).

That being said, the one thing that the debates have done is expose the pretenders very quickly. You can't fake your way to the nomination with that many opportunities to screw up. Obama was pretty bad vs. Hillary Clinton, but was sharp enough to adjust. He wasn't great, and certainly not as good as she was, but he didn't embarrass himself. Bachmann and Perry have proven incapable of adjusting.

I'm pretty sure at this point we're going to get Obama vs. Romney, two adults with whom I'd feel comfortable leading the country. Not that I'd agree with everything Romney instituted policy-wise (or Obama, either, for that matter). But he's not nuts. And he's not an idiot. I think the debates have helped in that regard.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I will be beyond stunned if it's not Romney.

The thing with Mitt, for better or worse, is we pretty much know what we're getting. Nobody is excited about him, and some people, myself included, have gotten interested in a candidate that we didn't know a ton about, and then the closer you look the more you realize that since Huntsman can't catch a break, that Romney really is the best option out there, not that that's saying much.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bachmann's new spokesman.

[​IMG]

"All is well. There is nothing to fear. The infidels shall be routed in the cornfields of Iowa and the hamlets of New Hampshire."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rocky and Bullwinkle were a smarter version of Palin and W.

Draft saved Draft deleted