1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party turning on Bachmann?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why should New Hampshirians have all the fun?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If we put three moderate states first instead of Iowa, NH and South Carolina, you might not see candidates trying to out wingnut each other for the whole year before the election. You play to the crowd and when the crowd is in Iowa, NH and South Carolina ...

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

This. I was listening to something recently that said Herman Cain may be the Godfather's guy but he makes a big chunk of money on the speaking circuit. If all these people are really doing is trying to sell books, boost speaking fees or get highly paid gigs as "analysts" or even hosts on Fox News, they should be prosecuted for fraud. Add Sarah Palin to the list, too, even if she didn't declare her candidacy before she announced she wasn't running. They're all setting up PACs and teasing for dollars and fame.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Her pandering is so over the top and so unpolished that she just sounds stupid every time she speaks. I know she's not stupid, but she sounds like she's just dumber than shit with some of the things she says.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So by ditching Bachman for a more viable candidate, does that mean they won't get to take Andrew Luck in the spring primaries?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I remember back when she was the Flavor of the Week, all you heard about was how "polished she is!"

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Right up there with the week-and-a-half when Rick Perry couldn't lose, and was going to blow Obama out of the water.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always thought Bachmann was running to be VP. She's more interested in being the next Sarah Palin than she is in being president.

In a few more months she'll be lucky to get her first job, which was as Gretchen Carlson's nanny.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's different, though, judging someone's chances in the race.

In Bachmann's case, this is a complete about-face on her presentation.

First, she was, "oh-so-polished!!!!"

Now we're back to, "She was never polished enough to win!!!"

It's just funny to me. Go look at the headlines about Palin the day after the RNC. Hyperbole to the max. New York Times banner headline: "A Star Is Born."

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bachmann will have more time to be submissive to her husband.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

"She speaks so well!"

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's quite the common sight at A&M, you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted