1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party turning on Bachmann?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

A pox on all of their houses is fine by me.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can you turn on someone who has been polling in single digits for a couple months now?

4. Dick Whitman

It's interesting because she was the ultimate Tea Party opportunist. She delivered their State of the Union address, created a Tea Party caucus in Congress, and so and and so forth.

If nothing else, you've got to respect the movement - and I disagree with them policy-wise on almost every single thing - for refusing to whore itself out to a crackpot opportunist like her.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Turning on?"

In the sense of arousal, maybe. In the sense of abandonment or betrayal, long since.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I dunno. Not the Tea Party, if Herman Cain is any indication.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

In a harshly worded statement posted on the group’s website Thursday, American Majority president Ned Ryun said that Bachmann’s campaign "has become less about reform and more about her personal effort to stay relevant and sell books," and that the longer the Minnesota Republican stays in the race the more damage she risks doing to the conservative movement.

Sheesh, is anyone running for president, or just to be No. 1 in the NYT best-seller list?

8. Mizzougrad96

I can't think of anything she's done that was newsworthy since she tried to eat that corn dog.

She went from winning the Iowa straw poll to being completely off the radar in what seemed like seconds.

More proof that Iowans should have that caucus taken away from them or at least moved so the votes of a few thousand evangelicals doesn't play such a major role in who becomes leader of the free world.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Heartless bastard!

That would mean the loss of 95 percent of their tourism dollars.

10. Dick Whitman

The HPV comments were pretty newsworthy, but not in a way that she would have wanted. She was already slipping at that point, but I think everyone realized at that point that she was pretty reckless with what she would say. I think even one of her own operatives was quoted in the New York Times or somewhere saying that she's way too easily emotionally swayed by the last person she talks to about something.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    James Richard "Jimmy Dick" Perry

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mizzougrad96

In a related story, the Tea Party is also no longer rooting for the Miami Dolphins.

Draft saved Draft deleted