1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party candidate defeats Dick Lugar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 9, 2012.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I agree on both points, Stoney. Lugar's one of the last of the old school class that wasn't going to kiss the Tea Party's ass. And Yankee Fan, if you are going to use the age issue, count up the number of Senators, D's and R's, that are over the age 60. You be surprised how many of them have been in there as long as Lugar has.

And many of them have different addresses than their home ones as well.

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Thanks, man. I appreciate you taking the time.

That seems like it would be the way to go.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Let's just have a primary system like Louisiana and Washington where the top two candidates in an open primary advance to the general. I like it because you can have two Republicans or two Democrats go head-to-head in the general election.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Louisiana also has Saturday elections, which often means the results on WWL-AM get crammed into halftime of the LSU game. I suspect if the Tigahs have a day game, turnout is something like 0.5%.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Valid point. Delaware had a damn good chance of going to the GOP but the best candidate got screwed over, IMHO. I'm thinking one of Indiana's Senate seats could flip Democratic, even as the state goes red again in the 2012 election.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"NO COMPROMISE!"

Draft saved Draft deleted