1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBS was better with "The Beverly Hillbillies" and the Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wanna pants him?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought TBS was going to bring back Bosom Buddies as a vehicle for Carlos and Larry.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I for one will not rest until the Goodwill Games are restored to their rightful place of glory.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Tush also gave us Jan Hooks and the writing team of Terry and Bonnie Turner. A show that really, truly, may have been ahead of its time.
    TBS used to show great cartoons in the morning before I'd go to school — high school that is and no, I wasn't burning one before class while watching the old Sinbad the Sailor shows. A nice stiff drink, maybe, but not a fatty — plus you could get all the Hogans Heroes you could want in the late afternoon.
    Braves telecasts blow now without TBS. And without Skip (RIP, big fella) and Pete (enjoy retirement, you genius).
    And Ted Turner is an unrepentant sexual harasser. Girl I know worked for Turner and decided that dancing at The Cheetah was better than getting underpaid and groped by Ted all the time.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yep. I remember hearing that when I'm living under my own roof, then I get to choose what's on TV. Bullfuckingshit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted