1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBS was better with "The Beverly Hillbillies" and the Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Dave Bristol was the manager he sent on vacation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Tell him I said he's a sellout. Then tell him I'd be glad to work for the show as a consultant.

:)

3. D'OH!!!!!!!! You're right. It WAS Bristol, not King.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The closest I've seen my wife's eyes come to being stuck in permanent rolled-up mode was last month when my best friend and I got into a 15-minute conversation about Starcade strategy - specifically why the dumbass kids would pass up Buger Time, which was a sure winner, in order to get their ass toasted on Tron, ending up dead 10 seconds and 15 points later.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Night Tracks was the shit during the time I lived in a town that didn't have MTV on its cable.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought Night Tracks was on USA, but whatever channel it was on, it was indeed the shit, especially when they'd take one artist and play their entire video catalogue, including obscure shit MTV would never play.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

That's on TNT. They seem to be doing pretty well with their slate of original shows - Saving Grace and the Closer. I've wanted to watch Trust Me (the new show with ad execs starring Eric McCormack and Tom Cavanagh) but I'm never home when it's on, I forget to tape it and the only computer with Internet is my iBook, which is apparently not compatible with their media player online.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Night Flight was the USA show

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Oh yeah.... Starcade was the shizzle.

[​IMG]

Or was it the shiznit?

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

A good show to wrap up an afternoon of The Flintstones and the Brady Bunch.

Then Dad would come home and take over the television. But for some reason, though I'm now Dad, I'm forced to watch friggin' Noggin all night. Rant over.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

If TBS was truly serious, they'd give Chief Noc-a-Homa and his son Noc-a-Single their own variety hour.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

Wow Wow everybody!! My name is Wubbzy!

Look familiar? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted