1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL: Reilly making out in pressbox (update!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Re: This is news? How does TBL get away with this

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 FlavorsRick Reilly in the press box last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thank you, Simone.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Save Reilly.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Big Lead, At the risk of making the same points as others... 1) You made no effort to confirm that independently before putting it up? Why????? 2) You don't care that you can damage someone's reputation by recklessly spreading a false rumor? Forget about different "standards." That makes a really negative personal statement about you. 3) There are several people on here I don't like, and I know their identities. If I make up stuff and post it to a blog, will you help me slander them? 4) Serious question... Why shouldn't I tell everyone I know that they should avoid your blog because it has no standards and will spread false rumors started by others, and therefore can't be trusted as a source of information?

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

And then there are still all those uncredited, unpaid-for photos that TBL, umm, STEALS and posts on his site. But, you know, it's a blog, so he can steal content and malign people because, as he explained once about the photo theft, he's too small to sue so it's OK.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Please post that conversation. Can't wait.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for the YouTube video myself.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I weep for the future...

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

Shit like this is why I have little respect for BLOGS like TBL.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think some of you missed the discussion earlier this week after TBL libeled the shit out of Matt Leinart by saying one of his friends told him Leinart has other kids out of wedlock, but pays hush money to keep it quiet. No links, no real sources, just "my friend heard it from her friend and swears it's true." As far as I'm concerned, that's worse than what he did to Reilly. The Reilly thing was bullshit, but the bullshit started with EDSBS.

Here is the link to the previous part of the Whitlock thread that had me all fired up, to which TBL never responded.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1443372/

Seriously, the site is an ethical joke. And it's only going to get worse.

Here is the Leinart item he posted, which was scrubbed from his site a day later, but is still findable as a Google cache:

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Jeebus. So he heard it from a guy who heard it from someone who went to a party and met a girl who works with his girlfriend who is from Baltimore and claims her best friend has a kid with Matt Leinart.

Hmmm. Can't imagine how this could go wrong.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've heard the guy who runs The Big Lead infected an ex-girlfriend with syphilis. You heard it here first.

Draft saved Draft deleted