1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL interviews LZ Granderson

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 8, 2008.

1. http://thebiglead.com/?p=4101#more-4101

The Big Lead interviewed LZ Granderson.
    A snippet:
    Also, Granderson mentions Michael Jordan holding a grudge against SI. What gives?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jordan never forgave SI for the "Bag it Michael" cover when he was playing baseball. He didn't talk to them for awhile. If memory serves, Reilly eventually was able to get him for a profile, but I think he went a year or two without talking to SI at all.. SI even poked fun at itself by doing a "Don't Bag it Michael" during the second portion of his hoops career...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Big Lead talking to someone who says the most important thing is to be right and careful in your reportage. Now ain't that ironic.

BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS

4. txscoop

txscoop Member

I think the BIg Lead is one of the few credible Blog sites out there. I go there before ESPN.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Really? Not even remotely. We have had several threads on here where he just threw libelous stuff up on his site and then claimed the "I didn't write it, I just linked it" defense.

Not. Credible.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Not the right response to BYH's post.

And hatred for TBL aside, I thought Granderson came off as a very intriguing figure. I'm not all that familiar with his work, but I might make it a point to become better aware.

And I had no idea he was gay.

7. txscoop

txscoop Member

Im failry new to the Big Lead. Guess I missed it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of my favorite sites. People here are entitled to their opinions, but I think it's one of the best sports websites out there...

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I didn't either, till the whole John Amechi thing happened. I really respect the work he did during it and have read him since.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You cannot be serious.

11. I'll side with Mizzou here. It's interesting, to say the least. Has he thrown some shit on a wall and hope it sticks, yeah. Does he love Brady Quinn a little too much, yeah. But I love the writer interviews. I love the off-topic/pop-culture posts. It's not a bad way to waste five minutes of my day.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I guess it's OK to fellate Rick Reilly after reporting on him cavorting with a co-ed in the LSU press box -- without even having the stones to ask about the incident.

Draft saved Draft deleted