1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL gets a nice interview with Rob Daniels

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Solid job.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=3858#more-3858

An excerpt:
    We imagine plenty of punks come through the hallowed doors of the Big Four. Any memorable encounters with entitled jocks?

Post national semifinals, 1998. A locker room in the Alamodome in San Antonio. UNC hoopster Makhtar Ndiaye goes into a tirade accusing a Utah player of calling him The N Word. (The charges are false.) Well, anyway, after that, Makhtar starts cussing out my colleague. In French. I won the French prize in high school and caught a phrase here and there. I believe there were references to the practicing of “the oldest profession.”

Two weeks later: Vince Carter’s walking out to his car after telling his teammates that he’s going pro. He looks me right in the eye and says, “No decision yet.” Nonsense.

They say Christian Laettner was a very unpleasant fellow while at Duke. That’s before my time.

Poster Child Tim Duncan was often rather surly with me.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Bad link to that. But Rob is a good dude.

3. Sorry.

Fixed.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I second that. Enjoyed reading the interview with him too.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with it is that it's clearly an email interview, yet it doesn't clarify it as one. I liked the interview, but I found it a bit misleading...

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

French verb meaning to exchange sexual favors for money: Prostituer. Not exactly a hard catch. I'm sure he heard a more inflammatory word instead, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted