1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL bags Rick Telander

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 25, 2008.

1. awriter

awriter Active Member

I believe so.

2. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Telander in Q/A:

"I think athletes can tell by my body language that I feel it is very important to stand in front of the people I write about, even after extreme criticism, and be held accountable. I think they can tell I’m not running away, whether that’s stupid or not. I believe the code of manhood—being reasonable, fair, strong, sympathetic, independent, and, if needed, present and accounted for—is critical. How can we ask of our athletes that which we won’t perform ourselves? ... Did this all happen because I understand jock-dom, respect it, and Kreutz knows I played? I think that has something to do with it. But being a man and acting decently toward others is not the exclusive province of anyone—big, little, athletic, dork."

So true. But I couldn't help but wonder if it was also a dig at Mariotti?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted