1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBL bags Rick Telander

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So **** tempted **** to **** post **** the **** picture.

I wonder if he used the ol' cell banana?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Having spent last weekend in chicago, I know Big Lead is going to get absolutely flooded with people from up there wanting to read about the feud. That's all people were talking about, moreso than the Cubs-Sox series.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I read the title really quick, and it looked like Tea Bags Rick Telander.

Whew, am I *glad* I was wrong.

rb

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

seriously, if i wanted to get an update of what that piece of shit has, i'd add it to my rss. thanks

5. Sly

Sly Active Member

MU, I love ya, baby, but were you hanging out with journalists?

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

OK, how about this:

Q: You’re one of the few journalists who played a sport in college

How true is that?

Division I, Big Three, yeah, maybe there are not too many. (But if you could sportscasters there are a decent few).

But, day-um, even *I* wrestled in college. About 120 pounds ago.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just don't understand the 'get' angle here. I don't know too many sportswriters who turn down 'interviews' especially when those interviews consist of emailed questions that omit tough questions because 'what's the point of asking if you already know the answer?'

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Just one.
    The other guys were all 20- and 30-somethings, two of whom work for the Sox.

In part, though, I will ammend my statement. There was a fair amount of talk about "Louisville Chugger."
    Sorry.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

TBL, or the dude that writes most of it, ain't Bill Shakespeare, but his point is valid even if he writes it obtusely. Not many writers have big-time, D-I, or pro credentials, which is, of course, apropos of nothing. It doesn't really give anyone the ability to write better, faster or cleaner.

But aside from Telander (and has anyone ever read his book on trying to make the Chiefs?) who else is there, aside from the collection of D-3 rasslers and cross country runners?

David Haugh was a DB for Ball State, I think. John Ed Bradley at LSU...

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I hope you found this one:

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Whitlock

Draft saved Draft deleted