1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBF need'n some good mojo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Aug 8, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he don't got Mojo Nixon then his plane could use some fixin'.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Pray for Mojo.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm concerned. Should I not be?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For Mojo? No, he's a fighter.

5. Depending on particular parts go, those checkrides can last six hours or more, so no, I wouldn't be.

6. imjustagirl

Well, maybe when he said he'd weigh in around 10 he meant 10 p.m.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Whew! I'm certainly glad that's behind me. I couldn't have done it without all the mojo. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.

I made an 87 overall. That's a middle-of-the-road score. The highest I've heard of is a 92; the lowest in our class so far is an 83.

I was sort of disappointed with my procedural stuff. I missed some checks I was supposed to complete before taking off, and missed some things I was supposed to say during a simulated engine failure at altitude (one of the maneuvers I was expecting). I performed the maneuvers pretty well -- three different type landings without power and two with power. He did catch me off guard for one maneuver -- a loss of hydraulic power. That one's a real bitch. My oral knowledge was good; got an A for that, although he threw me a curveball on the airspace surrounding the New Orleans airport.

The exam lasted about two and a half hours, and the debrief took about an hour.

I didn't get done and finished with lunch in time to give you guys an update before my afternoon academics started.

Thanks, again, guys.

8. imjustagirl

Phew! Glad you made it. Congratulations!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Attaway champ. Keep 'em flying.

10. three_bags_full

Stunts and tricks begin in about two months, after I earn my instrument rating. The Army calls it basic warfighting skills, which is to say it's low-level flight with nap-of-the-earth type navigation.

And I'm not our only hope. Wildbillcrazyhat is a much more experienced aviator than me.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Oh shit ... everything TBF just told us is classified. I think that means he has to kill us.

12. three_bags_full

Look out your window, BBAM. I'm coming to get you in my super duper high speed attack news helicopter.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted