1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taxi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What does a yellow light mean?

2. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Jim, phone.

Dhaaaa, it's right there, Alex.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The Danza Slap is a class move. For veterans only, not to be attempted by rookies. I hope your son knows what he's doing there.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's a strong move.
    Women love it.

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

It is definitely available on DVD. I was given Season 2 as a gift and, believe it or not, haven't watched it yet because my DVD player has been acting up. Season 2 is the one with the best episode ever, the one you've all been referring to, when Reverend Jim takes the test. I can't wait to watch it, probably many times.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

In hushed tone: Slow down!

(This bit still goes down in history as one of the funniest ever.)

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It really was funny. And I think Louie DePalma was one of the best sitcom characters ever.

After Bobby Wheeler lost another acting gig, Louie called him, "Bobby DeZero".

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very definition of side-splitting laughter.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Taxi may be my favorite sitcom ever...

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I honestly think I lauighed whenever Jim Ignatowski was on the screen. Did you ever see the one where his father (played by Victor Buono) died and left Jim all his belongings, including his pants? So Jim has this conversation with the size 50+ pants and I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Taxi ranks up there for me with All In The Family, Seinfeld and Cheers as the funniest sit-coms ever, in my humble opinion.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Worked a retail job in a music store for many years. Whenever anyone got a decent performing gig that allowed them to quit the place, it was always referred to as "getting out of the garage".

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

On another note, the song "Taxi" by Harry Chapin is one of the all-time greats.

So Taxi works as one of the greatest TV shows and songs.

"What's Ignatowski?"

"It's Flower Child spelled backwards."

"No it isn't."

"Oh."

Draft saved Draft deleted