1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"taxi driver" alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 29, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

halfway through on tmc and will be on tmcw at 1 a.m. est.

i'd forgotten two things, among many: lord, how gorgeous cybill shepherd was. hubba hubba.

and two, scorcese is always great for slipping in music. after travis wastes the guy who was holding up the bakery or whatever, he goes back to his apartment to watch kids on tv slowdancing to "late for the sky." awesome.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I interviewed Cybill Shepherd in 1990, just after the end of Moonlighting. I remember thinking how good she looked for her age -- and I just realized she was the age then that I am now (40). I don't look nearly as good, but then again I didn't start at the same point, either. :)

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

my favorite soundtrack of any movie, the jazzy score captured a seedy new york city brilliantly. and shepherd is absolutely stunning in this movie, which makes travis's obsession all the more believable.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Good call on the soundtrack. Adds a layer to the film, like the music in "Leaving Las Vegas"

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

speaking of movies from the '70s, we have a young sports reporter on our staff who is very talented and eager to learn. i made a reference to "ATTICA! ... ATTICA! ... ATTICA!" to her over the weekend. she didn't get the "dog day afternoon" reference.

i mention this not to tease her, but to tease myself for BEING SUCH A GEEZER!! my cultural references are in dire need of an update, friends. sigh. .....

Draft saved Draft deleted