1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tax rebates coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great. High-rolling hustlers get to take free shots, on the public's dime.

FTS.

The spirit of Neil Bush rolls on.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, no I think the government should keep it because the government has proven it is fiscally responsible and it will put it to good use.

The irony is, if every citizen tomorrow paid off every penny of debt they had tomorrow the economy would likely implode after an initial shot in the arm given how almost all of our financial institutions are built on a house of interest........

And D.Sanchez, be careful. Around here there are whole lot of folks who seem to believe American citizens are incapable of walking across the street without the help of the government......

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I trust that everyone who objects will be sending their checks back uncashed.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not income.

It is what they say it is . . . a tax rebate, as in "we decided you paid too much in taxes, so here is $800 (or $1,600) of it back."

It is no more income than the refund you will receive in a few weeks.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If it's all the same to you, I think I'll hold on to my $1,600, just in case.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

For now -- until some politician figures out this could be a new revenue stream to fund his or her latest pork project.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Goddamn motherfucking election year.

8. Sweet! I can buy 16 $50 blow jobs from my local crack whore.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or 32 $25 blow jobs.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is grill finish included?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you don't learn to negotiate better with crack whores -- $50??!! -- you'll never be able to save for a rainy day.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

According to cnn.com, 40% of the country won't be eligible, because they make too much (ie, non-journalists).

Draft saved Draft deleted