1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tax Day PSA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just a note to my fellow tax procrastinators...

Local story just noted that because of budget cuts, local post offices will not be staying open until midnight this year -- most closing at 6 p.m., very few (only one here in Cincy) staying open until 9 p.m.

[​IMG]

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Does the IRS REALLY check the postmark?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I havent had power since Sunday -- it will be an extension for me...

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I didn't procrastinate! :p My stupid state refused to accept my tax return from Turbo Tax because I didn't leave here the entire year. I finally mailed it yesterday. Now give me my refund.

5. Killick

I, for one, wonder how many Minnesotans scream "No taxation without representation!" seeing as how they've gone a few months without their full compliment of senators. It'll be a failing effort, no doubt, but still...

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The IRS will say if a candlelight and pencil were good enough for Bob Cratchet they're good enough for you - no extension.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Taxes are the one good thing about the down market and economy. Instead of getting hit with capital gains and owing taxes I'm getting a refund this year.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Residents of the District of Columbia would like Minnesotans to cry them a river.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Considering the tax return covers 2008, I'm not sure they'd have a leg to stand on anyway.

11. Killick

Good points, both.
    Just trying to instigate an uprising. :p

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Do you really want to find out?

Also, does the USPS really not mark your return April 15 if you drop it off at 12:30 a.m. on April 16?

Draft saved Draft deleted