1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've see that guy around from time-to-time when I'm in Tuscaloosa. He often completes the ensemble with a kilt and a giant Alabama flag (the Crimson Tide 'A' logo, not the state) held in one of those belts like color guard members wear ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully you took off your hat when you were in the presence of royalty.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. NDub

NDub Guest

There are some dumb and shitty tattoos out there, no doubt. But there are some thoughtful, meaningful and beautiful ones, too. I don't see any problem with someone getting a tattoo with the caveat that a) its meaning will last a lifetime and b) it's location won't affect one's opinion of you, namely a prospective employer. So neck and face ink is off-limits and if you've got one on your forearm or wrist, then cover it up.

I'm 27 and have three tattoos (shaped into one design) and don't regret any of them. They mean a lot to me and always will.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I have three tattoos and I don't regret any of them. I do have them, though, in spots where I can cover them up easily. Tattoos on both my upper left and right arm, and a tattoo on the upper part of my back. I have friends who have their entire upper bodies filled with tattoos. Some look fine, some look horrible depending on the tattoos.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

@wannebeu - Mine is easy to cover up for work, too. Upper left arm sleeve.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mine's on my left shoulder blade. I love it. Had the first part done when I was 25, second part done two summers ago. Love it.

7. Isn't Pookie from New Jack City?

8. Seems we had a spirited discussion on tats about two years ago here ... Count me in the does not like camp.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Yep. That was the Chris Rock character, with the ashy lips.

For the record, tats are hot as hell on women.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

From SEC Media days a few years back:

Reporter: "Your bio says you have 12 tattoos, do you plan on getting more?"

Auburn DB Junior Rosegreen: "Yeah, I'm fixing to get one on my other chest."

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Right. Five people in the world like my tattoo.

They're not for everyone, but taking a shit on them or someone who has one isn't always necessary.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I feel bad... I'm sorry. I'll delete my post.

Draft saved Draft deleted