1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I have two. My kids' names on the left side of my chest, kind of over my heart. And an outline of my home state with the state flag inside it, high on my left hip. I have plans for at least two more: One in memory of my dad, and one for my wife. If my kids want them when they're adults, that's up to them, but I'll try to discourage them from getting one the day they turn 18 (which is what my nephew did; as the clock struck midnight to the day of his 18th birthday, he was in the chair.).

2. Does anyone ever say "Your tattoos are awesome!" when you reach your mid 40s?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People often say stuff like that. Seems silly, but if you got tattoos in the first place, you can't complain too much about people occasionally commenting on them.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Small Cobra Kai logo on my arm.
    Sapere Aude on forearm.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Nothing on me. I don't think they're unattrictive, they're just not for me.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I have a really dirty line from The Doom Generation (crazy flick if you have not seen it) about tattoos on genitalia floating in my head, but I will just let you google that one.

My wife has four (a firey sun tramp stamp, one each on her hip bones and one of the top of her foot), I have none...but only because I am a wimp. I did have my tongue pierced for a decade though...only kept it in because I wanted to make it worth the money I spent on it.

Pretty much going to have to just tell our son to keep them below the neck I guess. Maybe he will be wimpy about needles like me! LOL

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Damn it to hell, don't go by the book, think like a pirate! I want a man with a tattoo on his dick! Have I got the right man?
    [​IMG]

By a strange coincidance, you do, sir.
    [​IMG]

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am 46. When I was say, in my 20s, tattoos were not as common as they became for the cohorts right after mine. Especially the idea of a woman getting a tattoo. The only people who had tattoos were longshoremen and bikers.

It seemed like at a certain point, though, rather than a tattoo being rare, you were rare if you didn't have one.

When I was a freshman in college, there was this girl -- sweetest, midwestern, goody girl type around. You'd meet her, talk to her for a few minutes and think you had her all figured out. One night we were all hanging out and had a little to drink, and she told us she had a tattoo. We were all like, "Where? Show us!" After a little coaxing, she ended up with her pants off showing us a tattoo of an anchor right near her vag. It was such a big deal to us. Today, it would be a yawn.

I don't have any. I've never had any desire or considered it. I also kind of shake my head when I see a really bad tattoo.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have two, one on each shoulder, which cost a combined $350 almost 20 years ago. When I have some cash to burn, I'm going to get two more, on my chest and my calf, most likely.

I'm past the point in my life where I care if other people know about them, or what their opinion of them is.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nuh uh!!

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I have none.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Treating myself to one for my 60th birthday

Draft saved Draft deleted