1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Dec 11, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you have any? What are they and where? Does your significant other have any? Before or after you got together.
    Would you mind of your adult children got one or many?
    How much do they cost?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I have two - one on my left calf and one on my left forearm. The left calf only cost about $40 US dollars but I got while traveling abroad. It likely would have cost between $350 and $500 stateside. The other is fairly small and cost $50. Got both before I began dating my wife, who has none. Seeing them as I approached her for the first time in 15 years, they definitely made her wonder if I had changed. Thankfully, they didn't scare her off. :D

I wouldn't mind if my kids eventually get one when they're old enough. I'd prefer they don't end up covered in them, but I'll leave that to them.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I assume telling an adult child you don't want them to get a tattoo is the quickest way to get them in the chair.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kinda what I was thinking. Terrible move.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Anything below the neck is fine. #cooldad

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

One of my roommates in college had his dad tell him anything that could be covered by a short sleeve shirt and shorts.

It's funny because he's now a VP at a major pharmaceutical company and I'm guessing people would be surprised that he is just covered in tats.

I'm not sure it's as big of a deal as it used to be, but one of my managers has a sleeve and he has to wear long sleeves every time he's in the office, which probably isn't too much fun in Northern California in the summer.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I prefer scars and have lots of them, with stories.

8. Mr. Sunshine

All journalists have scars.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

But most are on the inside.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes to the bone.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I always wear long sleeve button downs and long pants to work, so I'd be surprised if anyone I work with knows I have any tattoos. I don't do it to hide them, that's just how the men in my office dress.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Neither me nor my wife have them. I've never found them terribly attractive, but I imagine I would on her, because she's the sexiest. I'm not anti. I just haven't found anything I'd want to put on my body.

A buddy has a tattoo of his first car, a Volvo sedan, on his side. I like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted